Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pantera? Really...

So I may as well go ahead and get a post about her in here. The other day I was driving in my car with B (my daughter). Well we were talking and Pantera's Walk was on the radio. Now it wasn't turned up loud just some background music if anything when B stops and says, "That's that song we listened to at our house the other day." By the other day she means a month or so ago. I like a lot of different music, mainly hard rock but I do listen to just about country. I just can not get into it and that's hard when you live in the south. I am pretty sure that all B hears when she is with her mother. Well that and bluegrass which I can tolerate much better than the country.

Anyway, so she recognizes the Pantera song, and before you all get all "oh my gosh! you let her listen to Pantera?! don't they use terrible language?" 1.At this point it was not turned up loud and 2. she has heard much worse and not from me. I 'm not accusing anyone here I just know from fact that she has. Well at this point we are not talking anymore and she is really quiet until the song gets to the chorus and she starts to sing along. And then asks if I can turn it up more so she can here it. Let me tell you there is nothing more awesome than hearing your three year old daughter singing "Re! Spect! Walk! Are you talking to me?!"

Now I know you probably think well that is cute and thats the end but no. Now she starts asking me about who is that boy singing whats his name. What about the boy playing that tar (thats how she says guitar. Its cute.)So not only does she sing along, but she wants to know about the band. This was a proud day for me. It made me smile.

The Pantera thing was great but her favorite music right now has to be the late great Michael Jackson. After he passed I went on a cd buying spree ad she had to endure my mourning and through that she bacame very fond of "Don't stop til you get enough." Here is proof if you doubt me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zym_1CUqBpY

ok that's all for now

peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment