Wednesday, January 27, 2010

More Australian Open For Me Please

So as I type tonight I find myself yet again watching tennis. I did watch 24/7 Jimmie Johnson before that. And I can't wait for Hard Knocks to come back on in the summer. Maybe my issue here is that I think that by watching all these different sports I am actually getting some sort of health benefit from it. I seriously doubt that though because yesterday I thought my heart rate monitor chest strap was going to either suffocate me or snap apart. What I did not understand was I had not adjusted the strap since the last time I had worn it on Monday. Can someone really put on that much weight in a 24 hour period? My weight really does fluctuate a lot day to day. It may have something to do with my twelve pack diet coke a day habit I have.

O.k. so this past weekend I dj'd a 60'th birthday party. By dj'd I mean I played music from four different ipods while people froze their behinds off. It was good times though. There was this one character there who eventually loosened up, and by loosened up I mean had enough to drink, that he turned my dj equipment into his own personal karaoke machine. I actually enjoyed his enthusiasm because it is usually me who winds up acting like a complete jackass and I do use that term in a positive light because I saw the look in this guys girlfriends eyes. You have all seen and or had that look. The "I can not believe he is acting like this in front of all of these nice people" look. But he did not care and neither did I. It was time to party.

Well apparently I did such a splendid job that I have been asked to do another party in about a month. Now this is going to be for a much younger crowd so it is going to require different equipment. I am going to need something that has some ba ba ba bass. So I got on the horn tonight and made the appropriate arrangements. See here is the thing about me though. I tend to get very obsessed with things. I have already started researching and pricing my own DJ equipment. Everyday I think about what I need to make this next party even more successful. I think part of it is my love for technology and playing with new electronics.

Now something I need for this party that is not electronic or technological is a fur coat. That's right. A full length fur coat. I've wanted one for quite some time. Back in my going to the bar days I always wanted one. If you don't know Statesboro it is not the kind of town where a man comes out wearing a fur coat. So if anyone out there has a fur coat that they would like to let me borrow for this occasion let me know. It would be worth it just for the comedy of me wearing a fur coat at this party. Oh and i am probably going to wear sunglasses all night although that may hinder my ability to see what I am actually queuing up on the ipods. But whatever. I do what I have to do for fashion sake.

Well I apologize yet again. I know these last few posts haven't been real amusing or funny. I haven't had a lot of funny things going on as of late. Maybe that will all change soon. Maybe I am in a mood. I will try to do better, promise.

peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment