Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Anytown USA

So its been really nice weather for the last week or so. This coming after an unusually cold winter. Well Sunday its 80 degrees and I've all the windows open to let some fresh air in. Well i would really enjoy the front door open but I have a few problems with that scenario. 1) I don't want bugs coming in. 2)I don't want my cats coming in for several reasons and the main one being reason 3)I don't want B's parakeets flying out/getting killed by the cats. So there are two solutions to this problem. Either leave the door closed...or the obvious solution, put up a screen door. Now I've wanted a screen door for some time now but never really looked into screen door prices.
So I mosey on over to Lowes Home Improvement Warehouse (I don't know if there are any legal implications to me refering to an actual corporation in this blog)and look at screen doors. Well they can be quite pricey, but not the one I got. Oh no. 33 bucks after tax and I have a wooden screen door and all the necessary hardware. Now a simple install whilst (I like the word whilst) B and Walden play in the yard. A tweak here and there and boom, screen door folks. Now it needs some paint and I will get to that later, but come on I've got a screen door.

Now let me tell you about how I enjoy this screen door. When I get home I open the front door, turn on the porch light and sit down and listen to the sounds of the outside. Monday night it actually started to rain and I turned off all the lights and the tv and went to sleep with the door open listening to the rain. Well that was the last night that it was warmish. For the last two nights its been so chilly out that I've had to wear more clothes while in the house than I've worn all day all week. But by golly I was gonna have that front door open.

No comments:

Post a Comment