Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Elvis baby

So I am getting a late start on this entry because I was once again hanging some curtains for a friend. Same friend, different curtains. These were two little ones that went along the side windows next to her house's front door. This install was worth a spaghetti dinner with a slice of cake and then a few apple turnovers. Again do not judge me. I like to eat. Anyway there are a few things I want to post before I go to bed and forget about them. See I need to go to bed early because I need to be at work at seven in the morning and its about a forty minute drive from home. I'm running the show tomorrow. The super has to have the day off and I volunteered to do his job. I asked him if it concerned him that I could in fact step in for him and that his boss had absolutely no problem with that. I don't think he had thought about it that way. He is now though.

OK so last night I went with my good friend to see the Ultimate Elvis Tour in Augusta. Basically it is a bunch of guys that won some sort of Elvis impersonator contest and get to go on tour singing Elvis songs. Now this wasn't some fly by night production. These guys really sounded like Elvis and looked like him for the most part. And I will admit that I had a lot more fun than I expected. I like Elvis' music but my knowledge really was of just his popular hits. My friend on the other hand is a super fan. I have become more of a fan since Christmas when I heard Blue Christmas and could not get it out of my head to this day. But seeing his music preformed live was something else. Needless to say my Sirius has been tuned to the Elvis channel since we left the concert. If you want to see some pictures from the event go check out her blog by clicking this blog . No you have to click on the word blog. There is a link on there to the Augusta chronicle I think which has us on their "Spotted" web site. We are semi-celebrities apparently at the show and the Augusta area. There was one Elvis performer that came out in a black vinyl/leather jump suit and let me tell you, it has made me reconsider the fur coat for dj-ing. I'm going to need to get into some really good shape to pull that off and we all know that based on my meal tonight that may be a problem.

Alright, so I forgot a thing or two from my Tampa trip last weekend. I don't know why except that I was still tired when I wrote the entry. First thing is that one of the three of us got dubbed Pepto on the ride home and if you recall I held my liquor just fine. But someone claimed to have had "heart burn" Sunday morning. Sure it was heart burn...ass heart burn you bedazzler wearing liar! The pepto must have worked because she was all gung ho for some TCBY on the ride home. Second thing I forgot was to mention my music choices on the ride home. For those that do not know, I am into the harder rock. Now I know this contradicts with the Elvis story but normally I lean towards the hard rock. I will actually listen to anything. I even listened to a little country but let me tell you when your life is kinda messed up the last thing you really need to do is listen to country. Every one of those songs will remind you of something that will at least in my case make me want to cry. Whatever, I am a man! But I digress. So I found a rock station leaving Tampa that played really good music. Godsmack, Pantera, Slipknot, bands of this nature. Well pepto was taking a nap and I was trying to let her but I don't like to ride in complete silence so I had this playing. I also had a sixty year old woman in the passenger seat with me. I thought to myself maybe I should change the station. But then I said no I'm gonna keep listening until she asks me to change it. Well after a while I notice granny over there bouncing her head a little bit to the beat. I talking to Disturbed's Down with the Sickness. I'm trying not to laugh at this point when all of a sudden I notice not only is her head into it but she is doing that old lady church clap to the music. You know the one where you clap hands but you alternate which hand is on bottom. I mean she was really getting into it. I was shocked and amused at the same time. By then ol' stinky in the back woke up and started loud talking, a lot.

Now the last thing that I forgot about was something I did.My buddy's girlfriend's condo is right on the water there in Tampa. Big tankers dock across the way and unload and cruise ships come in and dock further up river. Well during the little party Saturday the cruise ship Carnival Inspiration was leaving to go on a trip. We were all a little inebriated and decided to go out side and wave good bye to all the passengers. And I was just amazed when people were waving back at us. So now we and by we I mean just me I think started to single out folks and yell at them and then it happened. I took the ships name to heart and gained inspiration. All these folks were leaving the mainland and with the recent troubles with pirates out in open water I thought it would be rude to not bid them bon voyage in an memorable way. I spun around and down came the pants and boxers. That's right folks I mooned an entire cruise ship. And seemed to get a pretty good reaction out of everyone. Passengers and partiers on the mainland as well. So apparently I blocked that story out for some reason but one of the people that witnessed that act read the blog and quickly emailed me and asked why that was conveniently left out. So to be fair I decided to tell everyone here. Plus I by no means am embarrassed that I did it. I mean come on. I've worn posing trunks to the beach for a weekend in Florida. And if you don't know what posing trunks are they are speedos for bodybuilders. I'm ok with it you should be too. ok I need to go to bed.

peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment