Sunday, February 14, 2010

Let It Snow...

Howdy everyone, it's been a while. B and I finally got dug out from the snow storm of 2010 this afternoon. Haaha. So it snowed Friday night, enough so that there was good accumulation on the ground when we woke up saturday morning. Funny thing is the weather reports had called for this two days earlier to happen this weekend but for some reason there were a lot of people who wanted to ruin it for everyone and keep saying that it was not going to happen. I had a lot riding on this snow storm because I told B it was going to happen and she had started to make plans for snow ball fights, snowman making, and apparently building snow shoes. I was down with the first two, I was not sure how I was going to pull off making snow shoes.

So I was not sure who I was going to be mad at if it had not snowed. Just look at that kids face and tell me why anyone would even suggest that it was never going to snow. I was feeling the pressure from her too. She kept reminding me how no one believes me and what am I going to say if it does not in fact snow. Like I need that kind of pressure.

So this is what the yard looked like when we got up saturday morning. Is it not just the most wonderful thing. Right out of the gate that morning B came outside, picked up some snow and started eating it. She did that all day long i'm not sure why but she loved eating snow. She got some help from our neighbors across the street building herself a snowman...


which after I got done with it, it had turned into a snowmigo...
Here is a video of this process
There were also snow angels


Later we went to see Bo and there is were the snowball fights started. Basically me throwing snowballs at everyone else. The coolest part was when James whipped out a sled. No lie a sled and Chris and I pulled the two little girls around on the sled. I will have to get some Pictures from James of the sledding but I'd have to say that in the spirit of the Olympic winter games currently taking place. we have a chance at the luge or sledding half pipe assuming the allow two men to pull a sled with two three year olds on it in a half pipe. Oh and if I can keep my fat self from falling and rolling down the pipe like I did in the ditch.

Well The snow is all but gone now but it was nice while it was here. It was a wonderful experience for the kids and hell for me at east because I may have once again had the most fun out of all the children. And for all of you, and you know who you are, that said it would never snow in south Georgia I think it doesn't have to be said. You all know what you can go and do...

Peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment